Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 tablespoons sesame tahini (sesame seed paste, available at most supermarkets)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (optional – makes a creamier dip)
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Halve eggplant lengthwise and place cut side down on a baking sheet. Prick skin all over with a fork and bake until soft and collapsed, about 20 minutes
- When eggplant is cool enough to handle, scoop eggplant pulp into a bowl, discard skin. Add remaining ingredients. Mash with a potato masher for a chunky texture or puree in a blender or food processor for a smooth texture.
- Garnish with parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve warm or chilled.