Baked Kale Chips
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10-15 mins
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Carefully wash kale and spin in salad spinner until very dry. Remove tough center stems and tear into bite sized pieces.
- Coat kale leaves evenly with olive oil, evenly rubbing the oil into the kale.
- Spread kale on a large cookie sheet and do not crowd – use 2 sheets or make in 2 batches if necessary. Any pieces that are on top of each other will steam instead of becoming crispy. Sprinkle lightly with salt and place pan(s) in oven.
- Roast for 10 minutes and check. Remove any chips that are crispy (those around edges of pan usually cook faster) and return the rest to the oven until done checking every 2 minutes to avoid burning.
- Place in a large bowl and enjoy! You won’t believe how delicious these chips are!
- Some variations: Add 1 tsp sesame oil with olive oil for an Asian flavor. Add finely grated lemon zest for a little zing, or a sprinkle of cayenne for heat.