Braised Baby Bok Choy
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ pound baby bok choy, stem ends trimmed
- ½ teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Bring broth and butter to simmer in a large deep heavy skillet or pot. Arrange bok choy evenly in a skillet and simmer, covered, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer Bok Choy to a serving dish with tongs and cover to keep warm.
- Boil broth mixture until reduced to about ¼ cup, then stir in sesame oil and salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture over bok choy.