Braised Lacinato Kale
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 5 mins
Ready In: 35 mins
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale (about 1 lb.), leaves rinsed and tough center ribs cut out
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 to 2 cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- About 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Chop kale into 1-in. pieces and add to pot. Cover and cook until slightly wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a large frying pan or heavy-bottomed pot, cook garlic in olive oil over low heat, stirring often, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add kale and wine and cook, covered, until almost dry. Add chicken stock and cook, covered, until stock is almost evaporated and kale is very tender, about 30 minutes (if kale isn't tender, add more stock and continue cooking). Season to taste with salt and lemon juice.