Butter Fried Parsnips
Yield: 5 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Ready In: 20 mins
- 6 parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large saucepan cover parsnips with water, cover and boil over medium-high heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a plastic bag combine flour and seasoning salt. Dip parsnips in butter and place them in the bag. Shake bag to coat parsnips with the seasoned flour.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter starts to sizzle, add parsnips. Cook, turning occasionally, until all sides are golden brown.