Butternut Squash Soup
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
- 6 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 tblsp fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions in butter until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.