Caramelized Butternut Squash
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 2 medium butternut squash
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar (or 3 tablespoons honey)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut off and discard both ends of each squash. Peel the squash and cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and cut the squash into 1 ½ inch cubes.
- Place squash on a baking sheet and add melted butter, brown sugar or honey, salt and pepper. With clean hands, mix squash and seasonings evenly and spread into a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes until squash is very tender and glaze is caramelized. Suring roasting time, turn the squash several times to ensure even cooking and browning.
- Taste for seasonings and serve hot.