Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets catfish (or other whitefish)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- Preheat broiler to 500 degrees. Coat a broiling pan with nonstick cooking spray. Brush both sides of fillets with lemon juice, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place fillets flat side up on prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix Parmesan cheese, butter, and mayonnaise.
- Broil fish about 4 inches from heat for 6 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and turn fillets over. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over each fillet. Top with tomato slices. Broil an additional 4 to 6 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.