Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, about 1/2 an average head
- 1 onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 14 ounces can of diced tomatoes, or 1 pound fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 eggs
- Olive oil for the pan, 2 or 3 tablespoons
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
1. Divide the cauliflower into florets about 1 inch or a bit less, with a small length of stem left on each. Finely chop the onion and pepper. Mince the garlic. If using fresh tomatoes, dice them, keeping any juice they produce. In a pan of lightly salted boiling water, cook the cauliflower 2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet, preferably non-stick, and sauté the onions and peppers until they begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, cumin and turmeric and cook for about 5 minutes, until the juices begin to cook down.
3. Stir in the cauliflower. Beat the eggs well and stir in. Cook until eggs are set and cauliflower is the consistency you prefer - it should be a little resistant rather than mushy. Add salt and pepper to taste, garnish with parsley, if using, and serve hot.