Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
- 2 large russet potatoes
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup of your favorite cheese – shredded or crumbled
- ½ stick butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. Peirce potatoes with a knife and place directly on oven rack. Bake until cooked through, about 1 hour.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and cool at least 5 minutes. Cut off top third of each potato.
- Scoop flesh from tops, and save them for potato skins! Scoop flesh from potato bottoms, leaving a ¼ inch thick shell all around.
- Combine potato flesh, ¼ cup sour cream, ¼ cup cheese, butter, garlic and rosemary in a large bowl. Mash until smooth and taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as necessary.
- Transfer to a pastry bag with a star tip (or use a large Ziploc bag with one corner snipped off) and pipe potatoes back into shells.
- Bake until heated through and brown on top, about 25 minutes.
- Top each potato with sour cream and remaining cheese.
Try the recipe with goat cheese or blue cheese for a new taste!