Chicken Salad with Parsley Root
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 2 parsley roots, washed and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped (washed well to remove any dirt, and dried)
- 1 cup red cabbage, cut into thin strips.
- about 10 red pearl onions, peeled and finely diced
- 1⁄3–1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or sour cream)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Poach chicken breasts in enough simmering salted water to cover for about 25 minutes, until tender but not dry. Remove from water and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, slice parsley roots first into thin rounds and then into a fine julienne. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Bone and skin the cooled chicken breasts. Cut the meat into large chunks and add it to the parsley root, along with parsley leaves, red onions, red cabbage, and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss to combine.