Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (such as Barlean’s)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa (such as Ghirardelli or Green and Black’s) or raw organic cacao powder (such as Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Cacao Powder)
- 15 large organic strawberries, washed and dried, stems left on (note: be sure to dry strawberries very, very well!)
In a medium-sized, microwave-safe mixing bowl add the lime juice and coconut oil; heat in the microwave for 1 minute, or until oil is melted. Immediately stir in the agave syrup and cocoa or cacao powder. Mix to combine well.
Take a strawberry, and dip it completely into the chocolate. Twirl it around to get it completely coated. Put it on the cookie sheet to cool. Repeat until all the strawberries are covered. Refrigerate strawberries for 1 hour, or until chocolate hardens.