Cilantro Tomato Corn Salad
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
- 3 ears fresh corn in husks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch salt-free lemon-herb seasoning
- Peel back corn husks, but leave them attached at the bottom. Remove the silks, and fold husks back up over the corn. Place on a dinner plate, and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes on High power, turning corn once half way through. Cool until cool enough to touch, then slice corn kernels from the cob and place them in a serving bowl.
- Stir butter into the corn along with the tomato, jalapeno, red onion, garlic and cilantro. Season with salt, pepper and seasoning blend. Mix well, taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary. Some people like the salad warm, but I prefer to chill it a little before serving.