Creamy Mashed Pumpkin
Yield: 4-5 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minute
- 1 pie pumpkin
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut pumpkin into large chunks and remove skin and seeds. Steam peeled pumpkin chunks until tender (depending on moisture and density of pumpkin 15-25 minutes). Steam until very tender.
- Place steamed pumpkin into a large saucepan and mash by hand until smooth. Add cheese and cream to taste (cream needed will again vary by the moisture content of your pumpkin) and season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm over low heat, stirring frequently until ready to serve.
- Serve hot as a side to your favorite fall main dish.