Eggplant and Tomato Sandwiches
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 1 eggplant, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 inch) French sandwich rolls
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven’s broiler and position a rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Brush eggplant slices with olive oil, and place them on a baking sheet or broiler pan. Cook eggplant under the broiler for about 10 minutes, checking often, or until tender and toasted.
- Split the sandwich rolls lengthwise and toast.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and garlic. Spread this mixture on the toasted rolls, and fill with eggplant, sliced tomato, feta cheese and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!