Yield: 5 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place eggplant in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on medium-high 3 minutes. Turn eggplant over and microwave another 2 minutes. The eggplant should be tender, cook another 2 minutes if the eggplants are not tender. Drain any liquid from the eggplants and mash.
- Combine cheese, bread crumbs, eggs, parsley, onion, garlic and salt with the mashed eggplant. Mix well.
- Shape the eggplant mixture into patties. Heat oil in a large skillet. Drop eggplant patties one at a time into skillet. Fry each side of the patties until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes on each side. Patties can be frozen before frying and cooked later.