Fettuccine with Parsley Pesto and Walnuts
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- ¾ pound fettuccine
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, picked from stems, washed and dried in salad spinner
- ¼ cup walnuts, plus a few extra for garnish
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan, plus extra for garnish
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 ounces swiss chard leaves (reserve stems for another use)
- In a food processor, puree parsley, walnuts, parmesan, garlic, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons water until a paste forms. With machine running, add oil in a thin stream and process until very smooth, about 1 minute. Season pesto with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Add swiss chard to cooking pasta for the final 2 minutes of cooking time. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water, drain pasta and swiss chard and return to pot.
- To pasta and swiss chard in pot, add pesto and 1/4 cup pasta water; toss to combine. Thin with pasta water as needed.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped walnuts and parmesan.