Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced capers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 2 to 3 ounce portions
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, finely shredded
- To make batter: In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, and salt. Beat egg, and then quickly stir into the flour mixture.
- To make white sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt and mayonnaise. Gradually stir in fresh lime juice until consistency is slightly runny. Season with jalapeno, capers, oregano, cumin, dill, and cayenne.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a large skillet. Dip fish peices into batter and pan fry until browned. Drain on a rack over a sheet pan or on paper towels.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes to warm. To serve, place fish in a tortilla, and top with shredded cabbage, and white sauce.