Fresh Beet Salad
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 50 min
- 3 beets, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 bunch red Swiss chard - leaves chopped and stems discarded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place the beets into a saucepan with enough water to cover by 1 inch; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the beets are easily pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes; transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, reserving the bacon drippings in the skillet. Roughly chop the bacon and set aside.
- Add the drained beets and red Swiss chard to the reserved bacon drippings; cover the skillet, place over medium heat, and cook until the chard is tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir the chopped bacon and frozen peas into the beet mixture; continue cooking until the peas are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the feta cheese over the mixture; stir. Serve hot.