Frozen Banana Pops
Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 20 min
Total time: 2 hours
Including inactive time
- 4 medium ripe (but still firm) bananas
- 8 wooden craft sticks
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped salted peanuts
- 6 ounces good quality dark chocolate (60 – 70% cocoa)
- Peel each banana, then cut in half crosswise. Insert a craft stick into each half. Place on a tray and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until solid, about 3 hours
- Place the peanuts in a shallow dish or plate. Melt the chocolate gently in the microwave, using 20 second increments, stirring after each 20 second heating interval. Allow chocolate to sit after one minute of heating to allow to melt. Be careful not to overheat the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate into a tall drinking glass.
- Dip each banana in the chocolate, and immediately roll in the nuts.
- Serve immediately or freeze until solid again, and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Will keep, tightly wrapped in freezer for 2 weeks.