Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper
- fresh or dried chives for garnish
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Boil a large pot of water over high heat. Clean and cut cauliflower into small (1-2 inch) pieces. Cook in boiling water about 6 minutes or until very tender. Drain well, but do not allow to cool. Pat dry in clean kitchen towels or paper towels.
- In a food processor or a large bowl using an immersion blender, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Garnish with chives and pats of butter.