Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 2 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled, quartered
- 5 ounces butter at room temperature
- 2 ounces grated Romano cheese
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a full rolling boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but not falling apart, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Return potatoes to the same hot pot and add butter. Mash with a potato masher and add cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. Combine well and check for seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.