Gourmet Sweet Potato Casserole
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 1 Hr.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake sweet potatoes 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until they begin to soften. Cool slightly, peel, and mash.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed sweet potatoes, salt, 2 Tbsp. butter, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sugar, and heavy cream. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2Tbsp. butter, flour, brown sugar, and chopped pecans. Mix with a pastry blender or your fingers to the consistency of course meal. Sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until topping is crisp and lightly browned.