Iceberg Wedge Salad
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- buttermilk or milk
- ½ pound thick cut bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges, core removed
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add blue cheese and stir until well blended. If too thick, thin with buttermilk or milk by the tablespoon until desired consistency is reached. Can be made up to one day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown and crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Arrange lettuce wedges on plates, spoon dressing over lettuce wedges, and top with bacon, tomatoes and onions.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!