Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz sliced pancetta (or bacon)
- 1 small head radicchio
- 1 bunch kale
- 1-2 apples
- ¾ cup pecans, toasted
- Combine olive oil through pepper in a bowl, whisk well to combine for dressing, and taste for seasoning.
- Cook pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat, adding a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking. When crisp, remove to paper towels and crumble.
- Remove stems from kale and rip into bite sized pieces. Remove core from radicchio and shred. Cut apples into thin slices, and cut slices into large matchsticks.
- Combine kale, radicchio and apples in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss well. Top with pecans and crispy pancetta.