Korean Daikon Radish with Chicken
- 1 medium daikon radish
- 2 boneless chicken legs with thigh
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sake
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon mirin
- Peel daikon and cut into 1/2 inch half moons.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 - 1 inch pieces.
- Heat oil. Add daikon and chicken and sauté over high heat. Stir in crushed garlic and chili flakes/pepper.
- Add all ingredients for the cooking sauce. Cook over medium heat, constantly skimming.
- When the sauce has nearly evaporated, sprinkle sesame oil.
- Remove from heat and serve. Great with rice.
- Even better the day after!