Linguini with Broccoli and Red Peppers
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 5 mins
Ready In: 15 mins
- 1 pound linguini pasta
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Steam broccoli with 2 tablespoons water in microwave for 6-7 minutes.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil and butter over low heat. Stir in garlic (more or less to suit your tastes) and red pepper slices; saute gently.
- Drain broccoli and add to skillet. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt and saute broccoli and peppers until soft.
- Toss vegetable mixture with hot pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.