Maple Glazed Parsnips and Sweet Potatoes
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/4 pounds parsnips
- 1 1/4 pounds sweet potatoes, quartered lengthwise, then cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Chopped parsley, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Peel and cut parsnips as directed above; then cut on a diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet (or two smaller baking sheets), toss parsnips and sweet potatoes with oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer. Roast until tender and golden, tossing once or twice, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together maple syrup and mustard. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Martha Stewart