Pasta Primavera with Italian Turkey Sausage
Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked bowtie pasta
- 1 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 small yellow squash, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 20 leaves fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in pot and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente; drain.
- Place sausage in a large skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown; set aside. Heat 1/4 cup oil in skillet. Stir in garlic and onion, and cook until tender. Mix in squash, tomatoes, broccoli and basil. Add chicken broth. Season with red pepper. Stir in remaining oil. Continue cooking 10 minutes.
- Mix pasta, sausage and cheese into skillet. Continue cooking 5 minutes, or until most of the chicken broth evaporates.