Pear and Apple Sauce
Yield: 2 quarts
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time:1 hour
- 3 pounds apples
- 2 pounds pears
- 1 ½ quarts fresh apple juice
- Peel, core and chop apples and pears.
- Place into a large heavy-bottomed pot and cover with apple juice. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and reduce heat to low, and cook gently until fruit is falling apart, about 30 minutes.
- Once fruit is tender, remove the pot from the heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender, or a regular blender in batches until smooth.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks, longer in the freezer.