Poached Orange Pears
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 (3 inch) cinnamon stick
- 2 large pears, peeled, halved, and cored
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- In a large saucepan, bring the orange juice, brown sugar and cinnamon stick to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add pears; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Using a slotted spoon, place each pear half in a dessert dish. Garnish with raspberries. Drizzle with poaching liquid.