Potato Leek Soup
Yield: 8 Servings
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Total time: 35 Minutes
- 3-4 Large potatoes
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes, or scrub skins clean (leave skins on for more nutrition). Cut potatoes into 2 inch chunks and cook in chicken stock in a large saucepan 10-15 minutes or until soft. Do not drain.
- Halve leeks lengthwise and soak in cold water. Rinse well, being sure to remove any grit. Chop and sauté in butter until transparent. Add wine and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add leek mixture to potatoes and broth, and blend with a hand blender until smooth. Alternatively, puree in a blender or food processor in batches.
- Return pureed soup to pot and season with salt and pepper. Thin with more stock if necessary to desired consistency.