Raw Tuscan Kale Salad
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch lacinato kale
- 2 thin slices crusty bread
- ½ clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan or Romano Cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Trim the bottom few inches of kale stalks and discard. Slice kale into ¾ inch ribbons and place in a large bowl.
- Toast bread until golden brown and dried out. Rip into pieces and place in food processor. Pulse for several seconds to get large crumbs. Set breadcrumbs aside.
- Mince garlic then mash to a paste with salt, using the side of your knife. Transfer garlic paste to a small bowl and add cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, pepper flakes and pepper. Mix well then pour over salad.
- Toss salad very well to combine then top with breadcrumbs, and extra cheese if desired. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to allow flavors to combine before serving.