Roasted Beets with Feta
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 4 beets, trimmed, leaving 1 inch of stems attached
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Wrap each beet individually in aluminum foil, and place onto a baking sheet.
Bake beets in preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Once done, remove from oven, and allow to cool until you can handle them. Peel beets, and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
While the beets are roasting, whisk together shallot, parsley, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and red wine vinegar in a bowl until blended; season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
To assemble the dish, place the warm, sliced beets onto a serving dish, pour vinaigrette over the beets, and sprinkle with feta cheese before serving.