Roasted Beets with Sautéed Beet Greens
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 60 mins
- 1 bunch Beets, with Greens
- ¼ cup Olive Oil, divided
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3-4 Green Onions, chopped (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Red Wine Vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove greens from beets, and wash beets thoroughly, leaving skins on. Wash stems and greens and set aside (stems are delicious, very similar to Swiss chard).
- Place the beets in a small baking dish and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cover the pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the largest beet is tender.
- When the roasted beets are nearly finished, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and optional green onions and cook for one minute. Add greens and cook 4-6 minutes until tender, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add 1 tablespoon optional vinegar.
- Slice the roasted beets, season with salt and pepper and a sprinkle of optional vinegar. Arrange sliced beets with greens on a platter or large bowl. Serve and Enjoy!