Roasted Potatoes with Onions and Sage
Yield: 3 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
- 5 pounds Red Potatoes
- 2 large white onions, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup 1/3-inch pieces torn fresh sage leaves (from about 2 bunches), divided
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- Coarse kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine potatoes, onions, 1/2 cup torn sage leaves, and melted butter in very large bowl. Sprinkle generously with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat. Spread potato mixture evenly on 18x12x1-inch baking sheet. Roast 1 hour, stirring occasionally. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand on baking sheet at room temperature.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F. Continue to roast until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown, about 15 minutes longer. Transfer mixture to large serving bowl. Season to taste with more coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle with remaining torn sage leaves and serve.