Shaved Zucchini Salad
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds zucchini, ends trimmed
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- small wedge of parmesan cheese
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and red pepper in a small bowl to blend.
- Using a vegetable peeler or a mandoline slicer, working lengthwise, slice zucchini into ribbons. Place ribbons into a large bowl. Add basil and nuts, then dressing and toss to coat.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired. Shave strips of parmesan with the vegetable peeler over the salad when serving.