Shrimp and Asparagus
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 50 Minutes
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled anddeveined
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small saucepan, boil or steam asparagus in enough water to cover until tender; chop and set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to full boil, place the pasta in the pot and return to a rolling boil; cook until al dente. Drain well.
3. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in the olive oil over medium-low heat until the garlic is golden brown.
4. Place butter and lemon juice in the saucepan. Heat until the butter has melted. Place the shrimp in the saucepan and cook until the shrimp turns pink. Place the mushrooms and asparagus into the saucepan, cook until mushrooms are tender.
5. Toss the shrimp and vegetable mixture with the egg noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.