Sicilian Eggplant and Macaroni Casserole
- 1 Sicilian eggplant, cut into 1/4" slices
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. macaroni twists, cooked & drained
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 c. pine nuts
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Heat oil in skillet, brown eggplant slices on both sides.
- In greased 2 quart casserole arrange half of macaroni, top with half of eggplant.
- Sprinkle with half of the salt, oregano, basil, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers.
- Top final layer with tomatoes. Dot with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.