Slow Roasted Tomatoes
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Grape Tomatoes
- Whole Garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Olive oil
- Fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 225°. Halve each grape tomato and arrange on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Scatter garlic cloves and herbs (if using) among the tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the tomatoes for about 3 hours. The desired result is a shriveled, dry tomato with some juice left inside. The total time can be longer or shorter depending on your tomatoes.
- Use right away as a side dish or in salads, or cool and cover with olive oil for a marinated oven-roasted tomato.