Strawberry and Turkey Pasta Salad
- 6 ounces radiatori or rotelli pasta
- 1 meduim apple, cored and cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free, plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram leaves
Prepare pasta as directed on the package. Rinse with cold water and drain.
Toss apple slices with lemon juice to coat. Combine the cooked pasta, apple, turkey, strawberries and celery in a bowl.
To make the dressing:
Mix yogurt, mayonnaise (or salad dressing), milk, mustard and celery seed in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat. Garnish with marjoram.
Makes 8 side dish servings or 4 main dish servings.