Sweet Potatoes and Greens
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into bite size pieces (the size is not as important as the pieces being uniform).
- Heat half the oil in pan over medium heat and add potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just brown on all sides and soft (about 12-15 minutes, depending on size). When they are cooked, add spices and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, wash the greens (do not dry), remove stems and cut leaves into small pieces. Heat remaining oil over medium heat, add the garlic and cook for a minute before adding greens. Stir often and cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine potatoes, honey and lemon juice with the greens, stir and serve.