Swiss Chard with Garlic and Butter
Yield: 4 side dish or 2 entrée servings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- 2 slices bacon (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Chop bacon into 1-inch pieces and cook until crisp. Set aside on paper towels and drain fat from pan.
- Carefully wash Chard to remove any grit, and remove stems from leaves. Chop stems into 2-inch pieces and leaves into wide ribbons.
- Place same sauté pan over medium-high heat and add butter and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute until fragrant then add chard stems. Cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add leaves to the pan.
- Cook briefly until leaves are wilted. Add lemon juice, reserved bacon and salt and pepper to taste.