Thai Curry with Pineapple
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
• 2 teaspoons Curry Powder
• 1 teaspoon Curry Paste
• 1 (13.5 oz) can Coconut Milk
• 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce (omit for a vegetarian dish)
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
• 1 cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
• 4 Chicken thighs or Firm Tofu, cut into bite size pieces
• ½ cup frozen peas
• ½ cup chopped Sweet Caribbean Peppers
• ½ cup chopped Carrots
• ¾ cup chopped fresh Pineapple
1. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine and cook the curry powder and curry paste until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and mix well. Stir in the fish sauce, brown sugar and broth.
2. Place the chicken thighs or tofu, peas, peppers and carrots into the saucepan with the curry sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to low. Simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
3. Add pineapple and cook until it has warmed through, about 5 minutes.
4. Serve with steamed rice.