Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 zucchini, cut into small strips
- 1 yellow squash, cut into small strips
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- packaged taco seasoning or a mixture of cumin, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 8 tortillas (flour or corn)
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 diced Roma tomatoes
- toppings of your choice: Shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, cilantro
- Place first 4 ingredients (zucchini through onion) into a large Ziploc bag, and sprinkle with seasoning (2-3 tablespoons to taste) and oil. Seal bag and shake well to coat. Spread vegetables onto a large nonstick cookie sheet. Bake at 450, for 20 minutes, stirring once. If desired, once vegetables are tender, broil briefly to add some color to vegetables. Watch carefully when broiling.
- Heat tortillas and beans according to package directions.
- Prepare fajitas by spreading 2-3 tablespoons beans on each tortilla, then top with ½ cup of vegetable mixture. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and your desired optional toppings of cheese, sour cream, salsa, cilantro etc. Roll up and enjoy!