Yellow Wax Beans with Toasted Almonds
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound yellow wax beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup whole blanched almonds
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a full boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the beans. Return to the boil and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes, being careful not to overcook. Drain beans and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Chop almonds coarsely. Add almonds to pan once butter sizzles, and cook, stirring often, until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add beans to the pan with almonds, butter and oil. Toss to coat beans with oil and butter and cook until beans are reheated fully.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.