Zucchini & Potato Frittata
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
- 1 small potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3-4 scallions, chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated and squeezed dry in a kitchen towel
- ½ cup cheese (feta, cheddar, or your favorite)
- optional – 2 slices cooked bacon, hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in water to cover in a small saucepan. Cook until tender, 6-8 minutes, drain and pat dry.
- Whisk eggs and add salt and pepper to taste (and hot sauce if using)
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in a 10 inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add zucchini and cook until tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Evenly pour eggs over vegetable mixture. Cook, tilting the pan and lifting the edges with a spatula to cook evenly. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon if using.
- Place in broiler until browned on top and just set (frittata may puff, it will deflate when it cools)